April 1, 2012

Winter(11-12) Anime: Final (brief) Impressions

Yo! Just briefing you in on my final impressions from last season's anime.

In no particular order: [Black★Rock Shooter, Ano Natsu de Matteru, Another, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai, and Inu x Boku SS]. Can't believe we are starting a new season again. Guess it's time to move on . . .

Black★Rock Shooter

I don't know what to say about this series. There was a lot of symbolism, a lot of melodrama, a lot of dangerous weapons. :D It was alright. I will skip any possible raging and just say that it wasn't as good as I expected, but the action was nice. As for the ending, it was a pretty safe ending - leaving room for a possible sequel, but I doubt there will be one.

Ano Natsu de Matteru

Lemon-senpai couldn't get any cooler. She was the real star of the show. No, this was not some sci-fi, high school romance . . . it was a sci-fi, action-packed story . . . all about Remon and her super cute side kick Rinon and how they save the world from evil, big breasted, aliens who probe high school boys and trick them into thinking that they are in love. OK?! Maybe not lol. Overall, it was still pretty good. There is no need for a sequel. For what? So they can fuck it up? No thanks. It had the perfect ending. Leave it alone. Unless it's a spin-off about Remon. :D

Another

What is this? Final Destination? Another was average by my standards. It wasn't even that scary. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Mystery and horror isn't exactly my cup of tea. I didn't even feel sad for those who died. I would have probably enjoyed it if they added more character development. That way, I'd at least shed a tear for those who succumbed to their fated deaths. 

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

Nichibros was too funny. I'm glad I picked it up. Some gags were funnier than others, but in regards to consistency, it did pretty well. My favorite character was Hidenori - his gags always made me laugh. And those funky schools girls were a treat. They made fun of K-On lol. I just wish the main trio were together more often. Overall, I think it was good enough for a second season. Lets cross our fingers.

Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai

PapaKiki was great, whachu talking bout? It was funny and cute. Some say it was too cute for them to handle, but ok. I guess I have a high tolerance level for cute things. Despite it being about a college student taking care of three little girls, it was very bland and drama-less. However, it made up for that with its comedy. It was also quite easy to get past the taboo. The only lolicon in the series was some perverted club president who was constantly beat by a girl named Raika, so he got what he deserved. Other than that, the eldest girl had a crush on the protagonist, but it's not something new to anime. If that's your reason for hating the series, then I assume you hate Inu x Boku as well because Soushi sure fits that lolicon role. Just saying. I just wish we got more of Yuuta's sister. She would have made a lovable character.

Inu x Boku SS

Kyaa! Inu Boku was definitely one of the best of the season. It had the sparkles, the bubbles, the action, the comedy, the bishies, the music . . . and Kagerou! Am I missing anything? For a shounen anime, it was very shoujo-ish and because of that, it gained a much bigger audience. So far I haven't read a bad review about it. If you were to tell me you hated it, I just wouldn't believe you. Is that an April fool's joke? There is no way you can hate it . . . no way! It had a really cute and funny ending and by the looks of it, there might be a second season. I am hoping there is because there is definitely room for more love. Maybe expand on that Karuta and Watanuki relationship? I don't care. I demand more Kagerou! >.<
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...