For starters, I would like to apologize about my late entry, but I've been contemplating about this post for a while now and whether I should continue with this project or not, but in honor of Haruhi's unpredictable nature, what the heck!
Haruhi. What can I say? Its song is catchy, colorful, and the lyrics make absolutely no sense. "Super Driver" perfectly describes the nature of this series, in my opinion. Plus, it is interpreted by Aya Hirano who also played the voice of Haruhi, our main lead. Being the opening for its second season, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is a very unique, experimental series that is said to have paved the way for the "moe" genre.
In terms of animation, it is grade A material(duh KyoAni!). In terms of storytelling, it is quite fun and random. And the characters, you are guaranteed to never forget! But due to its significance and importance amongst the anime fandom, it is nearly impossible to express its grandeur in a few paragraphs. As for what it means to me, well it means fun and summer! As you've probably noticed(from my anterior "sotw" post), I tend to select songs based on that particular week's "feeling" and "drive," so a lot of times, the time of year greatly influences that drive. And this time, it's summer! And summer means fun and unpredictability . . . and Haruhi Suzumiya. And that's all you really need to know.

